Arturo Macias as judge at the Orlando Camera Club

| 10.2.10

Last Monday, February 8th the Orlando Camera Club kindly invited me to be one of their judges at this month photographic competition.
It was fun to be on the other side this time. Ha, ha, ha.
Images were amazing and hard to score.
Orlando Camera Club (www.orlandocameraclub.com) do a great job gathering great professional photographers and unique amateurs as well under one roof without distinctions and labeling.
All of them get together for the love for photography to share and learn one from each other.
I felt honored to be invited to judge great images and I did my best to be fare to the makers.

Some people feel that competition is not worth to try because it is very subjective, expensive (most of time), time consuming and almost unvalued by potential clients but I feel they are very wrong.
I had been involved in competition for a few years as you can find on my web site (check on the tag: "Achievements") as well as on this blog in some post and I can say that my personal experience is that you get a great return from the effort.
I had learned a lot and I got a sense of what is my label against other great photographers and, also, I gain the friendship and respect of others in the profession.
It is very easy to claim to be a "good professional" photographer today's day but my opinion is, if you say you are a "professional" you should proof who you are and what you are before talking so loudly.
Also, I know that some of my clients really gave value to my achievements in competition when the chosen me for their events but it is still a long way to go to open some other clients eyes about the value of hiring a professional back up by awards.
I can tell you one thing for sure, they are no easy to achieve.

0 comments: