The judges had spoken

| 20.10.09

Today, just a couple of hours ago, the 2009 Third TriAnnual PPSCF (Professional Photographers Society of Central Florida) Print Education Competition had ended.
As always, I enjoyed the challenges of presenting a selection of prints in front of a judge's panel selected among some of the best photographers in the State of Florida.
This time one of the judges was a current president of FPP (Florida Professional Photographers), Al Gordon, which in conjunction with the other two set a high standard on this competition.
Four prints per photographer were allow on this edition.
Bellow this lines, you could take a look at the images I entered.
All of them received merit awards.
The first one was title "New Love at the Old House" (it feature two of my favorite clients, Charissa & Kenneth, at their engagement) was award 1st Place on the Social Function category.

The second one, title "Arabian Tower", was selected as Second Place, also, on the Social Function Category.
The tower showing here represent a section of the "Giralda de Sevilla" (Seville, Spain).

The image bellow was captured in "Laguna de Sinamaica" (Zulia State, Venezuela).
This print was awarded with the Third Place on the Illustrative Category.
The forth image and one of the craziest one, was also captured in the city of Seville from my last trip to Spain, and I envision this image while I was seating in a bar practicing one of Spain favorites sports, drinking beer.
I titled "342 Lungs".
As I saw this scenic I immediately intuited the potential of its story telling.
When I look on this image I don't see just cigarette butts but it is more like I kind of get the feeling of the stories behind each one of them.
Well, It may be my crazy imagination going too far but the judges seen to share it somehow and it got awarded with a merit award and I am very happy about it.


0 comments: