Workshop for Photographers.

| 24.4.09

I felt honored that PPA (The Professional Photographers of America) chosen me to be one of its instructors for its  "Super Monday" workshop. The purpose of it is to spread the knowledge among other professionals to certain topics chosen by its instructor.

My presentation was titled: 
"How to be Photographer of the Year". 
I felt that after three consecutive years of been award in Central Florida Photographer of the Year, I was ready to share with other colleagues my experiences. 
Initially I didn't know if the theme was going to be attractive to other peers but to my
 surprise it was a total success. I limited to a total of ten attendance and all of them was filled out.

 I was thrilled to find that photographers from every corner of the State was coming (from Tampa, Parrish, Holiday, Jacksonville, Vero Beach, Windermere, Lakeland, Jennings,
Bradenton and, hear this... from Valdosta, 
Georgia). Wow!.
We spend more than 7 hours of intense disection of the topic. Analyzing the "12 elements of a Merit Image", from impact to creativity, from composition to style and so on until the main factor in an image: "the story telling". 
All this rules were illustrated with samples of images I had entered on competition, showing it from the scratch image to the final print. So, no secret was hidden.
For the grand finale I choose to have a photo shoot with several models so they could apply some of the points we discussed.

This is the way the group look before we start shooting:
and this is the way the group ends after they photograph all the models.
Thanks Good, all of them reach save their homes so no secondary effects had been claim from my presentation.

I would like to thanks to all the beautiful models that help me on our photo-shoot.
Here I am with all them. I couldn't choose better group.
This are some of the feed backs that I got through emails so far:
"I totally enjoyed your Super Monday program. I can not tell you how appreciative I am of you allowing us to come into your home and participate and learn from you. Your openness and candor was inspiring to everyone present. 
The models you arranged for us were excellent and beautiful.
 My thanks to you and your lovely wife for being an excellent hostess and also to the PPA for using such good judgment in selecting an instructor with your expertise. I could not envision the class having been any better than it was"
Leonard "Ray" Mossman (Jacksonville, FL)

"Thank you so very much for the informative seminar yesterday. I have been to many seminars on photography and this was definitely one of the best"
Mark Melnick (Lakeland, FL)

Thank so much for a great seminar!. You inspired me to think more creatively and boldly. Thank you very much for taking the time to look over my images. I decided to hold off on the PPA competition and try them on our a state competition when I can work on your suggestions.
 Camille Lesoine (Parrish, FL)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent class, hope you continue to participate with "Super Monday's"

Ray